The war memorial is located a short distance from the headquarters of the Staranzano Municipality and consists of a quadrangular base made of carved marble supporting a Roman column rhach, granted in the summer of 1956 to the mayor at the time, Lucio Corbatto, by the Director of the Archaeological Museum of Aquileia, Valnea Scrinari.
The epistolary exchange of this concession is reported, bearing a decidedly old-time flavor.